Friday, November 12, 2010

Scans 3


3 comments:

  1. Kitchen comments:
    I really like the layout of cabinets and the clean edges of them. The cubbies above and wrapping the door is a nice touch too. The corner shelving is a good solution. The oven also feels like its too much in the living room. Does the sink seem small? Does everything seem kind of scrunched in the corner? The drying rack is taking up a lot of space which could be better utilized. At the clients request we need a taller window that you can look out of preferably while washing dishes.I like the rounded edge on the counter with the shelves below. Could the square island be given rounded corners similarly? I like the gesture and playfullness, but all I see is a kidney bean :) My two cents.(maybe four).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Levi on most of this, although I'm okay with the oven where it is. Rounded corners are good at circulation points. I like the drying rack idea, but I think it does seem to take up a lot of space, and if they have a dishwasher I imagine it won't see a great deal of use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although this is last minute, here are a few additional comments:

    Looks excellent! I like the general language of the shelves, and the purposeful differentiation of layers of cabinets. I also like how you're really owning the walls with this kitchen design. I think the order of fridge to sink to stove makes a lot of sense but might suggest some tweaks (see below)

    I'm not yet sold on the curves in the counter / island as I haven't seen a clear relationship to the other design themes being explored. Perhaps consideration of the other themes that already exist (what about the angled ribbon / picking up the same angle in some manner?) - would help tie it all together.

    I also prefer a sink that's on a straight portion of counter - more potential sink sizes and shapes, and ease of under sink use - also based on the rendering, I think there needs to be more space between the sink and stove.

    Looks lovely though, excited to see it considered more clearly relative to the ribbon and other material palette - fruitful trip to IKEA?

    ReplyDelete