

Hey all,
I focused on trying to lay out the locations of the systems, since it's difficult to detail how they're interacting with the house if we don't know where the are. The first image shows possible locations for the supply and exhaust air handling for the house. Declan helped me out with this. It also shows a couple possible locations for the rain catchment and heat pump. I think placing them both on the upper platform might help to hide them a bit, but you'd still see the results of the water catchment coming down to water the rain garden.
The second image is a couple of sort of hybrid details/diagrams of first flush and how the ductless mini-split heat pump works. I'll try to continue developing this and the exact location of the HRV. Declan and I speculated that the area above the bedrooms might serve as a good location for attic mechanical space, but getting the ducts from the HRV down to the different registers (which will be high wall registers, might be a problem.
Lastly, there are some explorations that need to occur about the registers themselves, but here's a link to a supplier of wooden registers that might read well as ribbon/lover tie-ins.
Greetings Brien,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the consideration and team work with Declan. I like that there appears to be an ability to zone, but would like to hear more articulation about how it is zoned and how this responds to our discussion the week before last around variation based on human preferences.
Additionally, I'm concerned about the visibility of the heat pump and catchment. Can these either be made visually compelling (can the water catchment basin be 'designed' rather than off the shelf?) - or can we place them less conspicuously. I may have a precedent to share around elegant water diversion, I'll try to bring it for tomorrow.
Looking forward to hearing more in person. It would be excellent to model how these systems work with the potential to open / close windows - also I believe an airlock was suggested by Gisele or Rick (?) at the entry. We also need to get further into modeling the heat gain perhaps - Jay to the rescue?